英语听力 | 常春藤名家散文 十六

16小时前 (01:49:18)阅读1回复0
花花
花花
  • 管理员
  • 注册排名3
  • 经验值110965
  • 级别管理员
  • 主题22193
  • 回复0
楼主

,天天5分钟,打破英语听力障碍!

Unit16 We Are on a Journey

第十六课 人生之旅

Wherever you are,and whoever you may be, there is one thing in which you and I are just alike at this moment, and in all the moments of our existence.

不管你身在何处,不管你是多么人物,在此刻,以及人生中的每一刻,你我之间有一点正好是不异的,那就是:

We are not at rest; We are on a journey.

我们并不是静行着,而是在路程中。

Our life is a movement,a tendency, a steady,ceaseless progress towards an unseen goal.

我们的人生是一种运行,一种挪动,一种朝着某个看不见的目标稳重而又永无休行的停顿。

We are gaining something,or losing something,every day.

我们每日皆有得有失。

Even when our position and our character seem to remain precisely the same,they are changing,for the mere advance of time is a change.

即便我们的地位和道德似乎庇护原状时,它们却不断在改动中,因为光是时间的流逝就是一种改动。

It is not the same thing to have a bare field in January and in July.

同是一块光溜溜的田野,一月中所见的就与七月中所见的完全纷歧样。

The season makes the difference.

那是季节所形成的区别。

The limitations that are childlike in the child are childish in the man.

同样,伶俐才智在孩子身上称得上是无邪烂漫,但在大人身上则就算是稚嫩愚笨了。

展开全文

Everything that we do is a step in one direction or another.

我们的所做所为都表达我们已朝甲标的目的或乙标的目的跨出了一步。

Even the failure to do something is in itself a deed.

即便无为,其自己亦是一种行为。

It sets us forward or backward.

它引领我们不是朝上进步就是倒退。

The action of the negative pole of a magnetic needle is just as real as the action of the positive pole.

磁针的磁极感化不管正负皆是同样的实在。

To decline is to accept the other alternative.

回绝其实就是承受另一种抉择。

Are you nearer to your port today than you were yesterday?

你今天能否比今天更接近你的人生目标?

Yes,you must be a little nearer to some port or other; for since your ship was launched upon the sea of life,

当然,你必然更接近你的人生目标;因为一旦你的船在人生的大海中下水,

you have never been still for a single moment—the sea is too deep;

你绝不会有斯须半晌静下来—人生的大海太深了,

you could not find an anchorage if you would; there can be no pause until you come into port.

即便你想找个停泊处也无法办到;你唯有进港才气稍做歇息。

0
回帖

英语听力 | 常春藤名家散文 十六 期待您的回复!

取消
载入表情清单……
载入颜色清单……
插入网络图片

取消确定

图片上传中
编辑器信息
提示信息