,天天5分钟,打破英语听力障碍!
Unit15 Life Is Too Short to Be Little
第十五课 人生苦短休斤斤
We men are imperfect beings, so conflicts among us are unavoidable.
我们人类皆是不完美的造物,所以相互之间一定会起争论。
Inevitably, we sometimes feel injured, insulted, or slighted.
无可制止地,我们有时会觉得遭到损害、欺侮或不放在眼里。
Perhaps we put our faith in another, and were disappointed; perhaps we felt we deserved one's gratitude, and were denied;
也许我们曾相信某人却失看了,也许我们曾觉得应该被某人感恩却遭回绝,
perhaps we wished to join our efforts to those of a group, and were rejected.
也许我们曾期看配合为某团体打拼,却被摒除于外。
Such experiences are painful indeed,but is it not foolish to let them occupy our thoughts and precious time?
如许的体味确实很痛苦,但任由它们占据我们的思惟与贵重的时间岂不太愚笨了吗?
For what does it profit us to dwell on trivial matters?
因为心烦琐碎小事于我们有何好处呢?
The priceless days must be spent meaningfully, joyfully.
贵重的光阴必需过得有意义且快乐。
How thoughtless to waste the irreplaceable hours reviewing insignificant incidents, bearing a grudge or pitying oneself!
把一往不回的时间浪费在回忆微不敷道的事,怀恨或自怜之上,如许的做法是多么欠思虑啊!
Far better to embrace with gratitude the gift of each day to make the most of every moment by filling it with purpose or appreciation.
带着感恩的心往拥抱天主所赐的每一天—也就是要有目标或心存感恩地足够操纵每一分每一秒—如许的做法才一更好。
Consider this thought when next you feel tempted to nurse a grievance: that life is too short to be little!
下次你心生怨言时,想想那一点:“人生苦短休斤斤!”